FYZICAL Palm Beach has recently added the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill in the Lake Worth Center. The AlterG is a state of the art un-weighting treadmill, which allows patients to reduce their body weight by up to 80% while they walk or run.
This technology adds a new dimension to the care and treatment provided at FYZICAL Therapy & Balance Centers! Whether it is an athlete trying to build mileage, or someone with degenerative joint disease wanting to walk without pain, our AlterG can be beneficial for weight-bearing issues. The AlterG will allows patients to walk sooner during the rehabilitation process by un-weighting them, it facilitates a normalized gait pattern and reduces fear and pain.
Other indications that the Anti-Gravity Treadmill has been useful for include:
- Post-surgical patients who are progressing their weight bearing status
- Deconditioned and bariatric individuals
- Patients with plantar fasciitis, stress fractures, tendonitis, chondromalacia patella
- Athletes who want to increase mileage or speed without injury
- Patients impaired by degenerative joint disease
Total hip and knee replacements:
A young man continued to walk with a limp 2 years after a total hip replacement can now walk with ease after several weeks of treatment using the AlterG.
Patients with poor balance or fear of walking:
An older woman with a high fall risk who wouldn’t take normal step lengths due to her fear of falling has improved her confidence and gait pattern after several weeks using the Alter G